unable to connect the cisco phone emulator with the call manager simulator

stephenwalter
Level 1
Level 1

Iam pretty new to developing services for cisco IP phones, this

is wat i have done till now.

I had installed CiscoIPPS_SDK_v3.3.3 on my web server on which

iam planning to host my web pages.

I had got an emulator from IP Blue(VTGO-PC version 2.10) for the cisco IP phone 7960. I had installed

this on my PC. I was planning to run the emulator from my machine and request

for web pages from the web server.

As per my understanding to deploy and normal text or XML from the web server , there

is no communication as such from or to the call manager server. But when i try to

configure the emulator it requests for a call manager to be configured.

As per the documentation in installing ASP samples it mentions that the Call manager

simulator can be used instead of a call manager server.But when i give the credentials of

this call manager simulator to the phone emulator, the emulator does not connect with

the call manager simulator . The device details are not being shown in the call manager

simulator either.

Is there something that Iam missing ? or do i need a different emulator for cisco IP phone?

or Do i have to install anything else in addition to the above things.

Regards,

Stephen

2 Replies 2

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think CallManager simulator works with phone emulator. I have tried simulator it with actual phone and it does works. I was also able to make simulator work with Cisco's soft phone (IP Communicator) even though it is no officially supported.

Thanks for your reply. Iam rt now trying to connect my cisco ip phone emulator with Asterisk server and for that communication with the * server must be through SIP. For which steps are present in regard with the Cisco IP phone 7960. But the type of files that the emulator(VTGO-lite from ip-blue) expects from the root dir of the TFTP server is different. Hence if anyone had used this emulator and was able to acheive wat i had mentioned earlier please lemme know. or if there is any other emulator in which this can be done, that info will also be very helpful.

Regards,

Stephen.