Level 1

See attached:

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Is ur CPE's being managed by the SP ?

If not can you change the username/password credentials ?

If possible can you define different levels of privilege levels to different users and secure super user access with u...

By doing so nobody will be able to execute reset the box or shut an interface ..

regds

What is CPE's and SP, and what levels are you referring to!

I can't figure out if the incendent is just someone actually consoling in or if the issue is stemming from a telnet session!

For some reason these locations are being taken down, and the devices(routers) still have power and then poof they come back up! Then when I look at the logs, it looks like some has consoled in, turned some interfaces up and down and then the time is updated! I can't for the life of me figure out what is happening!

Hi

I was referring Customer Premise Equipment as CPE (Router) and Service Provider as SP.

Generally SP's provide managed services in which the CPE management and services will be covered and hence they have the full access to the CPE and give limited acess to the customers.

I was referring different privilege levels which could restrict users to access or execute the commands prescribed to the levels you have configured for them.

In that case everybody wont have the access to reset/shut the box..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3bb7.html

regds

Thank you so much! I will try this and your suggestions make complete since! I will be back if it doesn't! :^ )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco