cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remove unused static nat? bug in IOS?

dan.tesch
Level 1
Level 1

I have several entries in my router for ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y and I need to remove them to re-use the addresses but using the no ip nat ..... command does not work. A while back someone at Cisco suggested this was a bug and had me down the router and erase the config and reload it from tftp - I need to do it again and do not wish to go through the hassle again. Any suggestions? router is a 2611 running IOS 12.3(10).

7 Replies 7

drummond.r
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue on my 871w where i would execute the no ip nat inside....... and the entry would not dissapear. once i had executed the command, wrote the changes, and reloaded the router, they were gone.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the entries being used ?

You can verify with a 'show ip nat trans' command, if so try clearing it with a 'clear ip nat trans'.

HTH,

The entries are not being used, infact when I issue the command "no ip ..." I get a return of %Translation not found.

Also, to the previous poster - I have tried issuing the command and writing them and reloading the router but they do not go away on mine.

Is there a way to edit the startup-config and view it to make sure it is out and then reload?

Can we see the config ?

ip nat inside source static 192.168.126.16 68.23.xx.yy route-map nonat

ip nat inside source static 192.168.126.19 68.23.xx.yy route-map nonat

ip nat inside source static 192.168.126.96 68.23.xx.yy route-map nonat

Do you need more?

The whole config would be helpful. Do you have any ip nat inside/outside under interfaces ?

If so, can you try removing those commands and then try removing the static nat ?

I might as well follow the procedure I used last time, thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card