cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 340 on Windows 2000

kele-andys
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up an Aironet 340 card on a Windows 2000 machine. I've installed the drivers and every app I can find, but I see no way to connect to a wireless network. The message under Network Connections is "Network able Unplugged" as if it weren't a wireless card at all. When I go into properties there is nowhere to set up a WEP key.

Any suggestions? I really wish this were an XP box...

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

First, check it under "Device Manager" that whether your client card is properly installed.

Also, did you upgrade our card and its drivers, utilities?. If so, chances are there that the old card firmware

combined with the old driver files left some registry settings even if you completely removed the driver, the card, and the Client Utility. Un-install any client utility or other software from the control panel "add / remove programs".

Remove the drivers from the device manager.

Remove the card from the machine.

VERIFY the pcx500.sys and vxdx500.vxd have been removed.

If removed, then you may not see this error message again.

charleslim2006
Level 1
Level 1

hi.. if you still not able to find the configuration of the "wep" key specially after the u have re-installed the driver and watso ever.. try to restarted the wireless zero configuration from ur services.msc . u shall able to find this in ur windows 2000 operating system. see if it will work for you..

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card