cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME inter dial not working between remote sites

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have two remote office, Ohio and St. Petes. I cannot get the two offices to interdial each other. We want to dial just 4 digits to between remote locations.

Will the following work:

If i add the following Dial Peer to Florida

dial-peer voice 87 voip

destination-pattern 87.[1-9]<<<<don't know if this setup is correct???

session target ipv4:192.168.

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Is this correct

Also if I dial the following to OHIo, is this correct.

dial-peer voice 8600 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 86..

session target ipv4:172.17.86.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Config appears correct, do the ephone-dn have number like the destination-pattern ?

unrelated to this, if you use trunkgroup for the voice-ports, you will be able to eliminate all the redundant dial-peer that are repeated over and over.

we are moving to full blown call maanger shortly. So there will be lots of changes. BUt thanks for the advise.

Unfortunately, with the dial peer setup i have it still is not working. When someone from Ohio calls Florida using the 4 ditigit extensions they are getting a busy signal.

Ohio uses 8700 scheme

Florida uses 8600 scheme

Try adding "session protocol sipv2" to DP and enable "term mon" and "debug ccsip message". This will give you a idea in clear text why the call fails.

ok, i added the session protocol sipv2 command.. Here is what my dial peer looks now:

dial-peer voice 8600 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 86..

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.17.86.1

no vad

Below is what the debug ccsip message shows. This time we dialed then we got dead silence.

---------

It is attached.

hi,

ohaio is not receiving any reply, check your connectivity (FW, NAT, VPN or whatever you have in between the routers).

What did you see in the debug that might have indicated that??

No reply to sip invite is ever received by the router. Either the other router doesn't receive them, or receives but the replies are dropped somewhere.