Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent help required on bundling GRE Tunnels

palukuri77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a typical scenario where our engineering team is complaining abt performance problems for their Snap Mirror Application.

We do have a remote site in India where we got 3 Internet connections to a router (2821). We have made 3 IPSec GRE Tunnels through these 3 links to our Main Office Router. We have enabled per packet load sharing on these tunnels and everything seems to be working fine for some years till now. Now recently our application development team which usually transfers huge data to and from the Indian Office complains their application is running very slow at below par rate. One of the suggestion being one of the 3 internet links is giving a little more latency than the other 2 links which would impact load sharing per packet model and would like to turn off that link and test. But our network is such critical that I can survive to run the site on the other 2 links alone as there is always huge data transfer going on.

I would like to do bundling of the 3 GRE tunnels (similar to the sort of MLPPP) so that all the tunnels' traffic would go out like a single link (multilink interface). I haven't heard of bundling Tunnel interfaces till now. Is it possible? If so please tell me how is it done?

P.S. Note: We have tried almost all options and now badly in need of such a scenario which we think would probably solve the problem.

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bundling logical interfaces is not possible. Your GRE tunnel relies on the physical interfaces to transport its packets, therefore you need to concentrate on bundling those interfaces.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card