Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM SW upgrade

Martin Kyrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'd like upgrade too old CSM SW release 3.1(4) to current 4.2(7). I didn't found any dependencies, or other restrictions and therefore I think it's possible to upgrade directly to this 4.2 SW release. I'm sure? (CSM in redundant configuration is located in heavy production traffic and I'd like upgrade without any surprise:)

step-by-step SW upgrade:

0. save and sync configuration

1. upgrade SW on the standby module

2. restart standby module

3. upgrade SW on the active module

4. restart active module (stateful (sure?, because different SW releases on the active and standby CSM module) switchover to standby module)

5. after reboot, switchover to this module (preempt)

6. on both modules is new SW release

Regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Few months ago I did 3.1.3 --> 4.2.4 upgrade. I dont see any issues there. Just read the 4.2.7 release notes and make sure that you are running compatible IOS.

Syed

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If preempt is enabled, turn it off (on both active and standby CSM) before starting the upgrade process.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

of course, preempt will be turned off. thanks.

my primary question was, if it's possible to do direct upgrade from 3.1(4) to 4.2(7). I think yes. I'm sure?

m.

Few months ago I did 3.1.3 --> 4.2.4 upgrade. I dont see any issues there. Just read the 4.2.7 release notes and make sure that you are running compatible IOS.

Syed

thanks Syed, this is helpful information for me.

martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: