cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CS-MARS is adding the domain-name twice when discovering ASA Firewalls

mogli
Level 1
Level 1

i've recently added an asa as new device to my mars box. after clicking "Discover" i've noticed the domain-name (configured on the asa) is added twice to the ostname of the asa.

it looks like the following:

ASA1-TEST.myorg.co.at.myorg.co.at

when i delete the second (faulty) domain-name and redo the discovery, i've the same output as before.

on the mars there is neither a domainname (when i execute "domainname" on the console i get a blank output) nor a dnssuffix to add configured ("dnssuffix" on cli delivers blank output too).

the only knowledge of the myorg.co.at domain the mars could possibly have is from mail-gateway setup ("Email domain name"). there, i had to configure my domain for mail-alerting purpose.

anyone had this isssue too (and maybe a solution for it :-)))) ??

i did tests with routers too - i can't see this phenomenon on those boxes.

best regards,

bernhard

2 Replies 2

hi,

thanks for the link, but as you can imagine we read the user-guide more than once..

i tried it again with a factory-default asa - same results.

a guy in an other forum told me that he's seeing the same issues on his asas, so it seems to me improbably to be be an configuration issue (?)

kind regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: