DFM email customization

Answered Question
Jul 24th, 2007

Hi all,

Does anyone know if is possible to customize the email alerts sent by the DFM?

I am configuring the server to send email alerts to my cell phone but my cell phone is not able to receive the complete message via sms (I only receive the first 3 lines of the message) so I was wondering if its possible to customize the email alert sent by the DFM to send the IP address of the device and the event description.

regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 4 months ago

As part of the fix for CSCsg94772, DFM 3.0 has the ability to append the event name to the subject for subject-only emails. This was specifically done to accommodate pagers, PDAs, etc.

Customization of the emails is currently not possible, but has been requested in CSCsb05350.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Tue, 07/24/2007 - 15:34

As part of the fix for CSCsg94772, DFM 3.0 has the ability to append the event name to the subject for subject-only emails. This was specifically done to accommodate pagers, PDAs, etc.

Customization of the emails is currently not possible, but has been requested in CSCsb05350.

vicente.madrigal Tue, 07/24/2007 - 16:03

Thanks Joe,

Do you know if the DFM 3.0 is alredy available, I am not able to find it in the software download page.

regards

Joe Clarke Tue, 07/24/2007 - 16:05

DFM 3.0 is part of LMS 3.0. It is not available for download. You must purchase LMS 3.0. Until the end of October, there is a 40% discount for those customers that already own a contract on LMS 2.5 or 2.6.

Actions

This Discussion