Oddly behaving 3750G's

Unanswered Question

Hi all, got a couple (not stacked, completely independent) WS-C3750G-48TS w. SMI which are behaving oddly. Both were doing Lots of the following:

43ws1d: % COMMON_FIBb-4-DISABLIeNG: Commoni CEF is bening disablged due to a fatal erdror.

43w1id: %COMMONs_FIB-4-DISaABLING: Cobmmon CEF ils being diesabled dued to a fata l error.due to a fatal error.

43w1d: %COMMON_FIB-4-DI to a Sfatal erroAr.

43w1d:B %COMMON_FLIB-4-DISABILING: CommNon CEF is Gbeing disa:bled due t o a fatal Cerror.ommon CEF is being disabled due to

4a3w1d: %COM MON_FIB-3-fNOMEM: Memaory allocattion failuare for CEFl: state ms g ein Commron CEF [0xr000862F8] o(fatal)).3r subsequen.t failures

43w1md: %COMMONm_FIB-4-DISoABLING: Conmmon CEF i s being diCsabled dueE to a fataFl error.

Yet were still managing to switch packets. I was unable to get onto the consoles however and it seemed if you brought a port down (e.g. reboot a server on said port) it wouldn't come back up again.

So I had one of them rebooted and it failed to POST thus:

Waiting for Stack Master Election (around 30 seconds)...

HTD POST: Basic Test Failed

POST Failed: disabling stack links and shutting down SDP

driver class subsystem initialization failed

A couple more power cycles and it POSTed cleanly.

Has anyone seen this before/is this a know problem with this (old) rev. image? (Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(25)SEB4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)))

I'm suspicious that it's happened to two of them at the same time; I'm also reticent to cycle the one still printing errors:- not without speaking to someone first.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
royalblues Wed, 07/25/2007 - 09:56

your post is failing..mostly it is a hardware fault

i suggest you open a case with TAC and request for RMA

This Discussion