cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 QoS Questions

jkloza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I have a few questions that I could use some help on :)..

I currently have a T1 link that has no QoS settings at all (L3). Through this link, we pass exchange traffic to offsite clients, all domain services, www traffic, and many other things.

I would like to know exactly how to configure this link so we can prioritize the exchange update traffic, and the web traffic (2nd, behind exchange).

Again, I know this isn't always recommended, but when users are transfering files back and forth between sites, the network at our offsite location runs terrible (I'm assuming that its because theres a large file being transferred, and packets aren't prioritized correctly)..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

mchoo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Try implementing LFI (Link Fragmentation and Interleaving) in order to break up large packets into smaller fragments and interleave them between smaller, delay-sensitive packets, to minimise serialisation delay. PLUS enable Fair Queueing.

If it doesn't help, configure CBWFQ (Class-Based Weighted Fair Queueing) combined with LFI. Refer to your router's Configuring QoS chapter of the Configuration Guide for detailed discussion on CBWFQ.

HTH.

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

See reply to your message in the other topic

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card