Since Prometric and Cisco parted ways...

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2007

...I wasn't left with much of a choice of times or locations from PearsonVue. Out of the 3 or 4 locations that are reasonably close to me, there are NO weekend tests available, so now I'll have to use personal time to take a test. Too bad, I've always had an easier choice with Prometric.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
srue Wed, 07/25/2007 - 08:42

Cisco certainly made a selfish decision when they broke away from Prometric, that's for sure.

There are only a few VUE centers where I'm from, but about a dozen Prometric sites.

cbeswick Wed, 07/25/2007 - 11:03

I had to re-schedule my BCMSN as it was originally scheduled at a Prometric Site.

I wont go into too much detail suffice it to say that I have been using the Prometric site for the past 4 years and found it to be friendly, clean, well furnished and quiet. In comparison to this the Pearson Vue Centre was awful, very run down in the main entrance hall and badly designed with noisy class rooms near the exam rooms. I was not impressed.

What impressed me most about the Prometric Site was that it seemed dedicated to IT professionals only and as such held itself with a certain level of dignity. Now I have to share my exam with a group of unruly kids in class rooms.

For me, Cisco made a bad choice.

tsalera37 Wed, 07/25/2007 - 11:08

Good point, cbeswick. I took my MCP test at a Pearson Vue... or maybe it was SCO... anyway, it was loud, people walking in and out constantly (for no good reason), surrounded by loud classrooms.

Actions

This Discussion