Passed BCMSN - More difficult than I thought

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2007

I just passed the BCMSN today with 846 / 1000. The pass mark was 804.

I was told that the switching exam was one of the easier CCNP exams, but I found this much more difficult than the BSCI which I passed last year with 946 / 1000.

I now have the new ONT and ISCW exams to take. Does anyone know when the new Self Study guides will be released by Cisco press for these ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
srue Wed, 07/25/2007 - 08:40

both of those have already been released by cisco press.

http://www.ciscopress.com/markets/detail.asp?st=44734

whenever someone tells you a particular test is easy or hard, take it with a grain of salt. opinions like that will vary based on experience , ability to learn, etc etc...

good luck on your next two exams - and of course any ones after that!

cbeswick Wed, 07/25/2007 - 09:11

Hi There,

Thanks for responding. The books in the link for ONT and ISCW are the Certification Guides.

Does Cisco not have any plans to release an Authorised Self Study Guide for the ONT / ISCW Exams ?

As I understand it, the Self Study Guides are usually more in depth than the Certification guides, or am I mistaken and the Certification Guides will do just fine ?

Thanks in advance.

srue Wed, 07/25/2007 - 09:24

the certification exam guides will do just fine..

the self study guides aren't necessarily more in depth about exam material, but there is a fair amount of background and fluff in them. You can safely use one or the other for a given exam , imho.

mark.j.hodge Wed, 07/25/2007 - 09:51

The Cisco Official position on this is

Self-Study Guides and Exam Certification Guides are intended to complement one another. Though they cover similar content, they do so in a very different manner. Choosing one book over another depends where you are in the study cycle. If you are familiar with the base concepts, but need to assess your knowledge and review/practice for the exam, we recommend the Exam Certification Guides. If you are new to a topic area and need more detailed discussions of the foundation concepts, we recommend you start with the Self-Study Guides.

I have both for BCMSN and there are sections in the Self-Study Guide that explicitely state they are not required for the exam and are there for completeness.

Actions

This Discussion