Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN - general design question regarding more than one tunnel ut of a router

lgontarsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a router that has VPN connections to different partners to our company. Remote Access VPns have been used on the PCs that are connecting to the different partners of our company.

There have been problems like this, ie putting a watch dog and a cisco vpn client both on the router has led to blue-screens on the PCs.

The current idea is to put various site-to-site tunnels on the router (default gateway of the PC clients that connect to the partners). My question is... how do our PCs get DHCP addresses on the visiting networks, once the tunnels are up? I guess I'm alittle confused about how the addressing for the PCs on our end is going to work.

Thanks for your assistance.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Allocate the ip pool from the internal network that you are going to visit. for example the below document will exaplain how to configure the same by user mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806ab788.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: