1410 Slow Performance

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2007

I am running a VPN over a pair of 1410's and experiencing less than stellar performance ~ about 2Mb/sec. The radios are operating at 54Mb/sec, the signal strength is -32 dBm, the signal to noise is 59dBm, the Ethernet side is running clean.

The only errors that I can see on the wireless seem to be that when under load, the Retries seem to be almost 30% of the Unicast Packets Sent, with about 5% of the retries being multiple retries. The "Protocol Defers" and "Energy Detect Defers" seem to be about 1/3 - 1/2 of the Retries number.

On the VPN side, I have looked at the counters on the ASA5510's, which are dedicated to this link and the counters seem fine. I have adjusted the TCPMSS with the ASA5510 to 1380.

I don not know exactly what is causing the Protocol Defers and Energy Detect Defers. I would imagine that some bandwidth loss could be the overhead from VPN and wireless "turn-around", but my expectation would be closer to 50%.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shanemason Thu, 08/02/2007 - 14:27

Did you by chance just up grade the code? One of our customers just upgraded the code on their 1410s and now have less than stellar performance.

msdavis Thu, 08/02/2007 - 15:33

No - they are recent installs. But the code we are using is the 12.4.3 code, which is the latest and we just upgraded to the latest rev, just as a measure before opening a tac case.

Did your customer back-rev the code and get the performance back? If so, may I ask what rev they went back to?

Thanks.

shanemason Thu, 08/02/2007 - 18:39

Yes, customer just emailed me and told me they rolled back, but didn't say what they rolled back to... Here's the quote (slightly edited):

Ok, pass this along?

DON?T USE THE LATEST FIRMWARE for the 1400s. When we did a physical factory reset, the **** things are flying?.

Ggrrrrr

Hope this helps, please rate if so...

msdavis Thu, 08/02/2007 - 19:58

Well - Sounds like that might be something to try - it couldn't hurt.

Thank you for relaying the information.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode