Wireless link using 1242AG dot11 1 (802.11a ) interface

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2007
User Badges:

Well, I face a slightly annoying problem here.

I am trying to establish a 5GHz connection between two 1240 AP connected to 5195 patch antennas (9.5dBi)

One is configured as root bridge while the other is a non-root bridge.

Although, in the same way I have configured many 802.11g links, this time the 802.11a link refuses to work.

Has anyone faced a similar problem on 1242 access points using the 5GHz interface?

I will shortly post this portion of the running config.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 07/31/2007 - 11:56
User Badges:

This setup should work. As long as you have two 5 Ghz radios you should not have any issues establishing a connection between them. Once you post the configuration we should be able to tell if there is any configuration error. Did you try any other 5 Ghz radio? because I suspect an issue with the hardware.

p.greuniesen Thu, 08/02/2007 - 12:57
User Badges:

I faced this problem 2 times. Once when I didn't configure the same ssid on both APs, once when I slightly moved once of the 5Ghz antenna cables. Aparently on my setup I may have had a TNC connector/cable with a loose center pin or something, but once I reset/retighted the cable all was well.

advantexpix Tue, 10/16/2007 - 02:28
User Badges:

I have just installed the same solution and had it working in our office about 30m but when we installed on site 150m-200m we cannot get a connection.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode