Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Server hardware build for NAC/TACACS deployment

stevek1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are in the pilot stage of a NAC v2 Framework rollout for our 4000 seat network and have funding available to purchase a high spec server to be deployed as the primary ACS box. The server will also handle our TACACS requirements for accessing network devices. I know I could simply go with the Cisco recommended build, however with a view to the future of managing NAC requests for 4000 PCs, I am keen to over spec the box where this would be useful. I have options to increase RAM, Processors and Disk configuration. Which of these will be advantageous?

Cheers, SteveK.

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Enforce your organization's security policies on all devices seeking network access. Cisco Network Admission Control (NAC) allows only compliant and trusted endpoint devices, such as PCs, servers, and PDAs, onto the network, restricting the access of noncompliant devices and thereby limiting the potential damage from emerging security threats and risks. Cisco NAC gives organizations a powerful, roles-based method of preventing unauthorized access and improving network resiliencyhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/index.html.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: