ONT problems...

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2007

I took the test once a few months ago just to see what was on it and failed, but that was somewhat expected. Since then I've picked up the exam study guide with CD-ROM, and found quite a few wrong answers on the CD (which I've reported to Cisco Press).

Just took the test a second time and failed.

I know for sure one question I could not answer correctly given the selections given and can think of a few others that were very vague. I'm pretty sure (90%) that there was at least one more unanswerable question, given the selections for it also.

Has anyone else noticed this with this exam or is it just me? I think it needs some serious work.

I've opened a case with the cert center as requested to hopefully get some resolution on this...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jlhainy Wed, 07/25/2007 - 16:40

I have not yet taken the ONT test yet, however, I do know that Cisco Press CD's that have the practice questions, have many many errors. I really don't use the practice questions from Ciscopress because of the errors.

gsnewberc Wed, 08/22/2007 - 11:47

I agree with your assessment of the ONT test. The wording on many of the questions is completely vague and its hard to pick a valid answer. I read the Cisco press book several times and used 3rd party practice tests and still failed.

Did you get any resolution from your cert center case?

Craig Norborg Wed, 08/22/2007 - 12:25

Not yet, they said they were looking at it and came back with a lame answer that all the questions I questioned (4 of them) were "test questions" and didn't count towards my score. Even if they were test questions, my knowing there were problems with them freaked me out enough that I know I changed how I perceived the test... Sounds like BS to me...

cyphur353 Wed, 08/22/2007 - 13:03

I think that many questions on the ONT exam could be worded a little differently, but it's definitely passable. I think the AutoQoS questions were the worst, personally. I passed with a 911, so it is not impossible.

lboogie25 Tue, 08/28/2007 - 05:51

I also passed the exam with a score of 933. I used the cisco press book and actual documents covering the material from the Cisco website. The test questions were vague, but the key to some cisco questions is all in the wording of the answers. The way the choices are laid out, I think, purposely try to confuse you. Once you get used to that, you'll find that some Q & A's are much clearer.

Actions

This Discussion