cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieving Voice mail From PSTN @ Unity

karunanithi
Level 1
Level 1

I need a help regarding the Unity, Suppose if I want to retrieve my Voice mail From Outside (i.e) I have a VM at my Office IP Phone but I am not in Office, I Want to retriece my VM from PSTN by dialing Voice Mail Pilot or xyz... Is it Possible ? if yes please let me know how to do it.? I sure this might be possible. Please help.

Regards

Karuna

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is typically the "backdoor" number into Unity from the outside world. What I usually do is configure a CTI route point in CallManager which is a DID from the outside world. Forward to VM all checked mark.

Now, go into Unity, create a new CallHandler with this DID as the extension.

Setup the Caller Input for "*" to login or whatever you want.

I record the greeting to say "hello, you have the reach the voicemail system for company xyz, if you a voicemail mailbox on this please press star and enter mailbox ID and password"

Then I repeat the message a couple times and then hang up.

You might be able to get "fancier" by putting in the cell number or home phone in the subscribers profile. This way, when Unity see's the calling number, it will associate it with the subscriber, prompting for only the password,pin. But callhandler then has to go right to sub sign in from the outside world, no custom greeting.

Give it try. if you need more help, just post back.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

If you are using CM with MGCP, just add a translation-patter and translate to the outside DID to inside VM pilot

If you are using CME/H.323, configure dial-peer, and voice translation profile to conver the called number.

HTH

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is typically the "backdoor" number into Unity from the outside world. What I usually do is configure a CTI route point in CallManager which is a DID from the outside world. Forward to VM all checked mark.

Now, go into Unity, create a new CallHandler with this DID as the extension.

Setup the Caller Input for "*" to login or whatever you want.

I record the greeting to say "hello, you have the reach the voicemail system for company xyz, if you a voicemail mailbox on this please press star and enter mailbox ID and password"

Then I repeat the message a couple times and then hang up.

You might be able to get "fancier" by putting in the cell number or home phone in the subscribers profile. This way, when Unity see's the calling number, it will associate it with the subscriber, prompting for only the password,pin. But callhandler then has to go right to sub sign in from the outside world, no custom greeting.

Give it try. if you need more help, just post back.

Cheers

Hi,

thanks for the valuable reply, It solved my issue at right time. Appreciate your response.

Thanks/Regards

karuna

Hi,

It was working fine with Unity, Can you help me in Unity Connection. Since I tried the same with Unity Connection it was not working. Please help.

Regards

Karuna