Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Expansion Modules 7914

breakwaterit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just a quick one, I cant seem to get my second 7915 on my 7960 to work. Its flashed with the right firmware and if its the first module its ok. If its the second one it has all orange lights.

#

Where should I look

11 Replies 11

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

take a look to this link(troubleshooting section) I think your 7914 is not defined in the call manager.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1856/c1626/ccmigration_09186a00802def03.pdf

luc.charpentier
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I think you forget to declare it on the additionnal modul2 #2

Hi Luc,

How do I do that the only option I have is addon 1 ?

Thanks

Paul

your CCm version?

which phone model are you using?

a 7960?

Yea its a 7960 with Two 7914 Modules.

Hi Im Running CCME 4.1(0)

try this steps:

Step 1 Log in to the Cisco CallManager Administration application.

The Cisco CallManager Administration page appears.

Step 2 From the menu, choose Device > Phone.

The Find and List Phone page appears. You can search for one or more phones that you want to configure for the 7914 Expansion Module.

Step 3 Select and enter your search criteria and click Find.

The Find and List Phone page re-displays showing a list of the phones matching your search criteria.

Step 4 Click on the IP Phone that you want to configure for the 7914 Expansion Module.

The Phone Configuration page appears.

Step 5 Scroll down to the Phone Button and Expansion Module Template Information section of the page.

Step 6 To add support for one Expansion Module, in the Expansion Module 1 field, select Default 7914.

To add support for a second Expansion Module, in the Expansion Module 2 field, select Default 7914.

In the Firmware Load Information section of the page, there are two fields for specifying the firmware load for Expansion Modules 1 and 2. You can leave these fields blank to use the default firmware load.

Step 7 Scroll back to the top of the page and click Update.

A message displays asking you to reset the phone for the changes to take effect. Click OK.

Step 8 Click Reset Phone for the changes to take effect.

Hi Sorry, Im using Call Manager Express.

so:

ephone xxx

type 7960 addon 1 7914 2 7914

Thats the kitty. Thank you , I just could not find the syntax anywhere.

Thanks Again

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: