cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to route E-mail messages to the right agents(Email Manager)

prakashj
Level 1
Level 1

Not able to route E-mail messages to the right agents(Email Manager)

8 Replies 8

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

is the Cisco Email Manager integrated with ICM?

G.

Yes its integrated with ICM

emanager services is also running..

some we are not able to receive email messages because of pop3 account .

we dont have any Pop3 account..do we have any tools for download so that we can download and simulate the POP3 for checjing it...thanks for ur prompt respose

Don't you have any email server?

POP3 is a simple/stupid little protocol I'm sure all email servers know...

25. Now watch the email rules engine window when you send in an email. It should catch the incoming mail and say that it's assigning the email to .

Can you elaborate on this step as i have created a Rule and try to do testmailagainst and delegated my mail assigned to my created skill group called "TEST_CEM'

26. Look at the routing script in monitor mode - the email should be queued.

When i looked at the Routing script , i am not able to see email getting Queued..i dont know where i went wrong , all my other steps are correct as i followed the above correctly.

1. Log into the Cisco Email Manager Administration tool located on http://:8088, Login Name: admin and Password: Password (case sensitive).

2. Click Agent Management in the navigation menu.

3. Click Manage Skill Groups.

4. Scroll to bottom of page, select Peripheral associated with CEM. from the drop down menu.

5. Type in in Skill Group Name field.

6. Type in in the description field.

7. Select ICM Routing and click Create Skill Group. (very important that the SG is an "ICM Routing" SG)

8. Click OK.

(Verify has been created via the Manage Skill Group page.)

9. Create an agent (a "pushagent" type)

10. Add this agent to the Skill Group.

11. Create a call type for Email on the Email MRD (say CEM_ct)

12. Now create the dialed number for CEM.

13. Open the Dialed Number List tool.

14. Select Routing Client. (The MR PG routing client)

15. Select ICM Instance from Customer drop down box, click Retrieve.

16. Click Add to add a dialed number.

17. Enter the Dialed Number String in the form of ApplicationInstance.Skillgroup, i.e. ..

18. Associate this dialed number with CEM_ct

19. Make a routing script and associate it with the CEM call type.

20. Add a Queue Node and a Wait Node and an End Node.

21. Double click on Queue Node. Click inside cell 1 under the Skill Group column to display a drop down list. Select .

22. Click inside cell 1 under the Route column to display the route. (this should be filled in once you click in the cell).

23. Set the WAIT node to something long (like 1000 secs)

24. Now make a RULE in CEM that will drop the email into the ICM-related

>25. Now watch the email rules engine window when you send in an email. It should catch the incoming mail and say that it's assigning the email to .

If this part does not work, ICM routing will not work. When you send an email in, the rules engine will say that it's processing the email and it will tell you how long it took to apply the rules. The last thing it will say is it's assigning it to the skill group. This is an ICM-routing skill group so it should generate a route request through the MR PG.

Do you see it saying it processed the email and assigned it to "unknown" or something similar?

Do you see no activity in the rules engine window when you send in an email?

Regards,

Geoff

Yes iam seeing ..Delegate the mail to TEST_CEM (i created skillG by name test_cem)..until that its correct

But when i look at the routing script, iam not seeing the calls getting Queued..

Is the request coming up through the MR PG? Does the Call Router show that it's running your script?

You say that you are not "seeing the calls getting Queued", but that's like at the end of the chain, the final step.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: