cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 IP Phone SIP Image Customising Phone Text

ntjirkali
Level 1
Level 1

When running an SCCP image on a 7970 IP Phone, you can customise the text displayed on the phone (like the line Your current options) by editing the file SCCP-dictionary.xml.

When the phone is running a SIP image and not connecting to a Call Manger (SIP registration is done to a Broadsoft cluster) how can this be done? I have created a locale directory in my tftpboot directory called English_United_States and put the file td-sip.jar there. The phone asks for this file but says Error Updating Locale.

how dose one go about customizing phone text for 7970s running a SIP image and not registering with a CISCO Call manager?

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the jar files for SIP loads are bit of mystery. For example, I tried making one for supporting another language, and could not have that working. However, I know if someone that succeeded in that. Hope we can get to better knowledge about that someday.

dkomaromi
Level 1
Level 1

Im working on a form of this for SCCP image for French. Trying to rename the "BIS" softkey to "Recomp"

It seems that this file has no affect.

TFTP service has been reset? Is there any magic about how this file get pulled to the phone?

Which phone do you have ? I managed to change an untranslated "HLog" softkey on a 7940 using an undocumented additional dictionary file, but that's pretty much all about it.

I made it work on the non java phones - 7960, 7940.

On the 7961G, 7970, 7971G - it seems to have no affect when modifying this file:

c:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\French_France\SCCP-dictionary.xml

Yes, the java based phones do not load at all that file.

For these, the dictionaries are in XX-YY-sccp.jar, where XX is the language and YY the model, both coded in two letters. The individual files within jar file can be extracted and replaced with winrar. You should be able to edit them with a little of patience.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

If you could post the location of where one could download the XX-YY-sccp.jar files from and a key to the model numbers.

My complication is that I am not using a CISCO Call manager of any sorts - the phone registers to a Broadsoft SIP Proxy and gets its files via a TFTP server I have put together - I am using the image from cisco.com cmterm-7970_7971-sip.8-3-3SR2.cop and have crafted a SEPxxxxxxxxxxxx.cnf.xml file from information and examples found via google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanx

Hi,

If you are using SIP, the phone will not look for SCCP files at all, instead will look for something like country/language/YY-sip.jar.

You can know what files the phone is requesting by looking at a trace of your TFTP server.

Cisco apparently does not release localization files for SIP loads, or if it does, I don't know where to find the files.

The SCCP version of localization files are available to CCO users with download privileges, thing that I'm afraid you do not have.

However when I tried to use SCCP localization files for SIP, simply by renaming files, it didn't work. Perhaps someone with more patience will have a better luck.

Yip, I am using SIP load and have tried exactly what you did - rename SCCP jar files but alas no luck - I have a directory in my tftp root called

English_United_States that the phone looks for some tone/localisation files in. I renamed the

td-sccp.jar file to be called td-sip.jar but no luck.

I do have CCO access and access to download files from most of the CCO download areas - part of large ISP network so if somebody can point me to any files/documents on CCO that would be great.

Thanx

Merci beaucoup!, worked like a charm.

De rien. Please remember to rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Wel people im back at this with CUCM 7.1.x and above.  To recap, I was able to modify softkeys on 7970's by going into the following files on CM 4.1.3:

TFTPpath\French_France\

ipc-sccp.jar

mk-sccp.jar

tc-sccp.jar

td-sccp.jar

The method used was change it to a ZIP file, and poke around in the XML files.

The challenge now is how to do this on CUCM7.1x and above.  I can locate what I believe to be the files, but have no way of pulling them off the box to change them, nevermind re-uploading them.

So the question remains, how does one go about changing Softkeys for 7970's, or any phone for that matter on CUCM 7.1x, running SCCP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: