Passed BSCI

Unanswered Question
Jul 26th, 2007

Hello Guys

i did pass BSCI exam, i did score 925, exam was easy, everything was straight forward no tricky questions.get your basics Strong.i used Bryant Advantage material, Cisco 3rd edition, Examforce to pass my exam..

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.3 (3 ratings)
sr1653263 Thu, 07/26/2007 - 05:38

Dear Nirmal,

Great;I am also planning to give BSCI by the end of August.Can you pls guide me how to prepare for this exam.

nirmalsoni Thu, 07/26/2007 - 05:57

Use the newer Guide which has come out, CCNP Bsci certification guide,i did have some experience and i have given my CCNA not long ago, used dynamips for my labs excellent way to start in case if u dont have labs or cant afford, there may be problem with multicasting but yet, u can practice a fair bit, Route Redistribution is fairly important topic in exam Practice distribution with EIGRP.Metric can be confusing as it uses quite a few of them, Questions are straight forward and i did finish my exam very quickly. When you do your labs most of the theory would come out from there and believe me the moment you can see the question you can guess the answer just by keywords int practice practice practise

cesarcabrera Thu, 07/26/2007 - 13:54

I also passed BSCI some days ago, I used TestKing BSCI 642-901 v9 to prepare myself. I don't think it was so easy, but it is quite reachable with serious study.

sivakumar.kvp Sun, 07/29/2007 - 11:17

congrats.Iam also planning to take up the BSCI exam.which guide should i use..

can u help me..

nirmalsoni Sun, 07/29/2007 - 16:49

Thanks Shiv,

I used Chris Bryant Study guide very decent and very nice, Cisco official guide 4th edition was my other choice, I think you would be pleased with kind of material has to offer. And ye Dynamips was greatest help of all, its really a boon to us..

Best of lucl

rossmillan Sun, 07/29/2007 - 22:05

Ive bought both the Cisco official study guide and cisco certification guide both are the new editions. Do you think this is enough, or is the bryant advantage offering something not offered in the official cisco stuff.

I managed to get multicasting working with dynamips, did you find some kind of bug there?

Did you find the official exam cert guide CD offered a good assessment of your level before you took the exam. At the moment I hit around 65%, but know I need more study to get my level up.

nirmalsoni Sun, 07/29/2007 - 22:45

Well, i dont have an idea about how is BSCI videos are but i did watch his CCNA videos and bought his BSCI guide,, his CCNA video was great seeing visually something is very important then what you study..thats my personal opinion is . well i didnt go for his videos bcoz i had already bought videos from other vendor..but looking at his guide its something fabulous . so i think you should go for it..Well im really not sure of any bug but i was not able to send traffic to the RP, .i dont know it never passed .i was sending was an extended ping. without even telling as to host was unreachable it just came to simple prompt again. i tried it many times as told in the guide but still no luck..the only way i saw it working was one of my fiends showed me on his set up.can u plz explain me as to how u have set up ur lab network and which was it 3640 or 7200 u are using.well prob may be with my system as well..but i dont know rest worked great

rossmillan Mon, 07/30/2007 - 19:31

In my lab setup, I use 7200 using dynamips. I have my lab setup exactly as in the Cisco official study guide lab. I found a traffic generator on the net, just a little freeware multicast generator, that sends multicast traffic. I set it up such that it was running on my XP machine, and had the Core router connected to the dynamips virtual switch to connect them. THe rest was multicasting setup on cisco.

nirmalsoni Mon, 07/30/2007 - 19:39

Thats so nice,great to hear that i would go ahead and try to set using dynamips and let you know if i have any problems in setting up the lab....

sivakumar.kvp Mon, 07/30/2007 - 07:29

hi Nirmalsoni,

i saw the site.have to pay $67 it give every aspects of it enough to go through this book alone.

nirmalsoni Mon, 07/30/2007 - 07:39

Hi shiv i suggest not just to get only his CCNP BSCI guide get his whole package i think its about 97$ u would be getting his whole wonderful videos and three days remote access to his routers as well so hat you can do ur prac on real routers . Hope this helps you

ddarby1 Tue, 08/07/2007 - 02:30

dynamips is a piece of software which emulates the Cisco 7200 router (and other models) hardware on a standard PC.

You actually load a real IOS image into the hardware and so will get exactly the same experience as a real router.

There's plenty of other information I could give you, but it's probably best if you hop over and take a look:

jeffbriones Tue, 08/07/2007 - 04:45

hi guys,

Im preparing also for my BSCI next month. I know a good way to pass is to have a good material.Is the BSCI Exam Certification Guide enough for my preparations? Since it was released by cisco is this enough?

sivakumar.kvp Mon, 09/03/2007 - 23:40

can you help me out plz..i found difficulty while installing dynamips.

actually i have installed winpcap-4_0_1.exe file on Windows-xp-sp2 machine.then dynamips-wxp.exe file but iam not getting files installed on C:/program files/dynamips or dynagen sample lab directory something like that.i dont know where i gone wrong.

anything is there to be installed prior to that.kindly help me out..

ahmed_nasr2001 Sat, 08/18/2007 - 19:41

Hello Congratulations

Was the Review Questions at the end of each chapter enough ? Or I must take a look at Pass4sure or Test King? By the way I will enter the exam next September

siddeshparab Tue, 08/21/2007 - 04:12

Am planing to write BSCI next month. I am refering Cisco's student guide.. But just gott hint that it a bit tuff exam.. can any1 please help me on this who have already cleared the BSCI..

oliviersk Fri, 08/24/2007 - 04:08

thank a lot to all for your experience. I'm planing write BSCI exam in the next month too. I'm using skillsoft online training. I have Tesking v9 and much old ebooks for bsci.

I will get dynamics to try, it seems interesting.

Thank you.

This Discussion