Replies

7961 Local Directory and Time

VPMaharaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have the following CME system:

Cisco 2851, 12.4(4) XC4 IOS, CME 4.0(3)

The 7941's are all ok however the 7961's are not displaying the local directory and the time is also out by 4 hours.

Has anyone come across this please?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please upgrade IOS (XC6 if you want CME 4.0, XJ4 if you want CME 4.1) and phone firmware, for example SCCP41.8-0-4SR3AS.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks, I have rated the post as 5. I will try the upgrade though will need to free up some flash memory for the new ios. As we have 4.0 I will go for XC6. Is this a known issue by the way?

I also found out that the 7961 do not show the new firmware after an upgrade and a reset. It still shows as TERM61.DEFAULT. Cannot figure out why.

Furthermore the known bugs generally offset the time by an hour (DST). Four hours in our case is a bit strange. Maybe the current 7961 load is not reading the timezone config correctly.

Thank you for the nice rating. Now for your concerns:

- I see that XJ fits where XC does in terms of flash.

- configure load with the SCCP.... filename. term61.default is only used for factory reset recovery.

And I don't know the reason but I think you will be Ok with new software and firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: