cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 and Outlook/Lotus Notes

kerraj2004
Level 1
Level 1

Im having an issue when i click my outlook icon on my desktop which uses the domino connector i get a blue screen and my machine reboots.

What type of exception would I need because I dont see any events from when my machine rebooted.

6 Replies 6

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

That does not sound like a CSA problem, but you can try to add the outlook and lotus executables to the Application Class called "Processes Only Requiring Kernel Protection" see if that does anything.

I added the nlnotes.exe, notes.exe and outlook.exe but no luck. As soon as I click on the icon for Outlook it launches and then reboots my machine, when the agent is off it works fine.

Also, this happens when the agent is in both learn and test mode.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Adam,

I just ran across this document while looking for something else and even though it's based on 4.5, it may help with your problem.

It talks about applications behaving badly with CSA even in test mode, and how to enable them to run.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_configuration_example09186a00805f0c18.shtml

and

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/kernel-only-protect-csa.pdf

Tom

This actually is the same thing that is done in my answer, just with the built in class for this.

I have tried pretty much everything from reinstalling the Domino Outlook Connector to putting in place the Kernal protection rule for all notes and outlook executables and it continues to shutdown my pc once outlook is lauched. I guess this one will require a TAC case.

You will want to make sure the notes connector exe is what is being added to the kernel only protection module. If I remember it is a different program all together between notes and outlook. You might want to try with these files listed below if they are on your system. I don't have the connector loaded so I can't verify the files. It also might depend on the version.

When you install Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino, the Setup program (Msocsetup.exe) installs the files listed in the following table.

MSOC32.dll-A Message Application Program Interface (MAPI) connector that allows Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino to communicate with a Lotus Domino server.

MSOCrc.dll-The resource file for Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino.

MSOCep.dll-The file that displays the Password Settings dialog box.

MSOCp32.dll-The file that manages your local message store.

MSOCprc.dll-The resource file for MSOCp32.dll.

MSOCLog.exe-A command-line tool that logs information on connector activity.

PABImport.exe-A command-line tool that imports the contents of your Lotus Notes address book into Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino.

PABrc.dll-The resource file for the PABImport tool.

Basically you need to find out what that executable name is for the connector app.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: