cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't register with sip provider (sipgate.co.uk)

anthonyfear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Have cme 4.01, IOS 12.5(15)T. But recently can't register with sip provider via sip-ua.

I have account with sipgate.co.uk that was working fine until recently with sip-ua as follows:

sip-ua

authentication username ????? password ?????

no remote-party-id

retry invite 3

retry response 3

retry bye 3

retry cancel 3

retry register 10

timers connect 100

timers connection aging 30

registrar ipv4:217.10.79.23 expires 600

sip-server ipv4:217.10.79.23

and a ephone-dn with secondary number set as my username above.

debug ccsip all shows :

SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden (client configuration error)

I've spoken with provider who tell me expires has been reduced from 3600 to 600 and that is only change.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Anthony,

A few days ago I ran into a similar issue, but it was for setting up a SIP trunk in CM 4.2 to an ICX. I discovered that the problem I was having was related to configuring authentication properly and I discovered it after running a packet sniff. In my case, the SIP trunk was passing my Caller ID DN as the username (which the SIP provider had no use for, so it couldn't work.)

A packet sniff will help you find where the hang up is happening.

-Shikamaru

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to change provider because a couple of tests with other providers seem to work fine with similar config.

Yeah, sounds like you're having an authentication issue. And, yeah, if the other providers make your life easier you SHOULD change :)

-Shikamaru

andriyhar
Level 1
Level 1

Try this:

registrar ipv4:217.10.79.23:5060 expires 600

sip-server ipv4:217.10.79.23:5060

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: