Views
Helpful
Replies

maximum session VPN 3015

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

It was just brought to our attention that we have reached max sessions on the VPN 3015 concentrator (100 max sessions). I would like to swap this out with a VPN 3030 (1500 max sessions). But I have a couple of questions.

1. Which entry on the group will disconnect personnel after, let's say, 20 minutes of inactivity?

2. Can I basically just back up the configurations of each concentrator and restore so that all we lose is the time it takes to make the physical swap out?

Thanks

Dwane

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

I think to configure auto disconnect after an idle period first go to Configuration | User Management | Groups | Modify IPSec TAB.Check what is the IPSec SA. Then go to Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | Security Associations | Modify. Configure the Time Lifetime to required time. Apply the changes

Then take a look on the IKE Proposal, Go to Configuration | Tunneling and Security | IPSec | IKE Proposals, Select and modify the proposal in order to use Time Lifetime= required time. For second question, I think you can copy the same configuration to new concentrator.

These are great ideas. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: