cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Appliance + OOB Virtual Gateway Trunking issues

edwardwaithaka
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following problem. When I connect the CAS eth0 to a trunk port in the core switch it disconnects from the CAM. When the port is in access mode, the CAM can connect to the CAS. The core switch is a 4500 with IOS 12.2(25)EW. What could be the problem?

2 Replies 2

prananth
Level 1
Level 1

What is the configuration on the trunk port?

Are you tagging the management vlan on the trunk port (switchport trunk allowed vlan xx), where XX is management VLAN? Or are you using the native vlan as management vlan?

(switchport trunk native vlan xx).

If you are using the first option, then you will need to check the option on CAS network page which says "Managemen VLAN ID" on the Trusted side and put XX there

Hi prananth,

I managed to resolve the issue. It was a HA issue. I had configured "Link failure detect" on the redundant CAS app. Apparently the CAS couldnt reach the pingable IP causing failover to take place many times between the two boxes causing the CAS not to communicate with the CAM.

Kindly help me with the following problem I am now having:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddf45d4/0#selected_message

I will really appreciate. Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card