cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creative way to route H.323 calls from/to 2 routers?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How h323 will be handle 2xPRI with DID attached to different routers in case all 24 channels are taken?

Basically, if the voice gateways are setup has H.323, and we place PRIs on each router. How can I configure CCM for outbound calls to *both* routers. I know in MGCP its easy with RG and RLs.

Is it done at the router and some kind of dial peer to push it over to next router if all channels are filled?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

Same applies with H.323 gateways.

Create your 2 H.323 gateways

Assign the gateways to 1 or two RG's

Assign the RG's to the RL

Create a Route pattern to use the RL

But do they show up in the RL? I thought only MGCP's only show up in the RL. I looked one of my servers and I have a few h.323 gateways in my gateway list I use for analog FXS. The gateway is also registered for MGCP (most of them)

If I create a RG

Create a RL

Look for my gateways, all MGCP. No H.323

CCM 4.2

is it different 5.1?

RL's don't list gateways they list RG's. The RG's will list the gateways.

Did you add the gateways to your RG's?

Then add the RG to your RL's?

When configuring the RG's you should see all your gateways unless they were directly assigned to a route patern already.

ahh.. so if they are assigned to a route pattern, then CCM takes it off the RL list as an available gateway. Correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: