BSCI Exam Format

Unanswered Question
Jul 26th, 2007

I am just about finished going through the Cisco Press Self Study Guide for BSCI and have been doing numerous online questions to confirm my knowledge.

My big question is that some of the questions go on about subjects that do not appear in the latest version of the book, such as prefix-lists, NAT, and some other BGP stuff. I understand that there are appendices available but I want to know whether it is just the content of the book that is examinable or whether there is additional stuff that I should know and will apear in the exam.

Many thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cesarcabrera Thu, 07/26/2007 - 14:00

You're right, I've recently passed that exam and I'm convinced that curriculum material is not enough, I think that you need to get some book with actual questions and explanations and understand each answer. There are too much important information on the labs so treat that material as one of your most valuable study material. Good luck.

LordFlasheart Thu, 07/26/2007 - 23:17

Congratulations and thanks for the reply. So did you get questioned on topics such as prefix-lists, NAT, route reflectors and the like?

rossmillan Sun, 07/29/2007 - 22:17

Which book are you using, I have both the new study guide and certification guide and those topics were covered (Maybe not NAT), I did find that the certification guide is much much smaller than the study guide and has a fair bit of info missing.

Having said that I have taken on the exam yet

This Discussion