Views
Helpful
Replies

bgp config

kp_prasanna
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we r a isp ,we have a ebgp running for 8 mb bandwidth provided by private operator,now i need addl 4mb from the same private operator.

this new link should be separate one running on the same local router.we assigned a loopback ip and creating a bgp session with update source loopback .now the bgp seeion is established.

i am unable to route to my internal network.this new link has to taken in parallel to the old link.is it possible ??

how to config the bgp

3 Replies 3

Have a look at this link. Look at the example, Load Sharing When Dual-Homed to One Internet Service Provider (ISP) Through a Single Local Router.

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml#conf2

Let us know if you are still having issues.

HTH

Sundar

taylorml
Level 1
Level 1

Also be careful using load balancing on non-equal cost multi-path. You could probably fool CEF by adding another path (add another /30 connection) to your 8Mb path with statics routes and secondary IPs, otherwise you are likely to fill up 4Mb on both links and then drop of 50% of you packets that are load-balanced on the new 4Mb link. If there is a way you can logically or physically bond these links, layers 1 or 2 (etherchannel, mPPP, serial multiplexer, fraction (DS3) or ratelimited circuit) you would be better off.

hi,thks

could u pls show a way to add another static route and logically or physically bond these links.

here is my bgp configuration

2x7.x.x.230 -existing link 8 mb(running)

2x7.x.x.231 -new link

both ebgp are created an bgp session with single router.now bgp takes only the 2x7.x.x.230 as best path.this new link should be a separate one and routed.

x96.x.x.6 ibgp tomy external router.this is urgent requirement.ineed ur help team.