Views
Helpful
Replies

bgp config

kp_prasanna
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we r a isp ,we have a ebgp running for 8 mb bandwidth provided by private operator,now i need addl 4mb from the same private operator.

this new link should be separate one running on the same local router.we assigned a loopback ip and creating a bgp session with update source loopback .now the bgp seeion is established.

i am unable to route to my internal network.this new link has to taken in parallel to the old link.is it possible ??

how to config the bgp

3 Replies 3

Have a look at this link. Look at the example, Load Sharing When Dual-Homed to One Internet Service Provider (ISP) Through a Single Local Router.

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml#conf2

Let us know if you are still having issues.

HTH

Sundar

taylorml
Level 1
Level 1

Also be careful using load balancing on non-equal cost multi-path. You could probably fool CEF by adding another path (add another /30 connection) to your 8Mb path with statics routes and secondary IPs, otherwise you are likely to fill up 4Mb on both links and then drop of 50% of you packets that are load-balanced on the new 4Mb link. If there is a way you can logically or physically bond these links, layers 1 or 2 (etherchannel, mPPP, serial multiplexer, fraction (DS3) or ratelimited circuit) you would be better off.

hi,thks

could u pls show a way to add another static route and logically or physically bond these links.

here is my bgp configuration

2x7.x.x.230 -existing link 8 mb(running)

2x7.x.x.231 -new link

both ebgp are created an bgp session with single router.now bgp takes only the 2x7.x.x.230 as best path.this new link should be a separate one and routed.

x96.x.x.6 ibgp tomy external router.this is urgent requirement.ineed ur help team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: