Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SUBNET-ZERO

Hi,

I'm using the BUNDLE1841 with IOS ADVANCED SERVICES. I am having problems as ip subnet-zero command.

The router accept the command, but after to save the configurations, the show running, i don't see the ip subnet-zero on!

What it can be happening?

Thanks

Peterson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Peterson,

IOS doesn't display most default configuration. 'ip subnet-zero' is a very likely a default configuration in the IOS version you are using. The one way to confirm that would be if you configure 'no ip subnet-zero' the command would show up in the running configuration.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

Peterson

Sunday is quite correct. In very old versions of IOS the default was no ip subnet-zero. The default changed a LONG time ago and in all versions of code which run on the 1841 the default is to enable subnet zero.

When Cisco changes a default in the code they are pretty good about showing the value in the show running-config for quite a while. And the command has been displayed in code for a long time. In very recent versions of code several of theses defaults are no longer showing up, including subnet-zero. But the behavior is still enabled. Sundar's advice about doing no ip subnet-zero is a good way to check it out.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Peterson,

IOS doesn't display most default configuration. 'ip subnet-zero' is a very likely a default configuration in the IOS version you are using. The one way to confirm that would be if you configure 'no ip subnet-zero' the command would show up in the running configuration.

HTH

Sundar

Peterson

Sunday is quite correct. In very old versions of IOS the default was no ip subnet-zero. The default changed a LONG time ago and in all versions of code which run on the 1841 the default is to enable subnet zero.

When Cisco changes a default in the code they are pretty good about showing the value in the show running-config for quite a while. And the command has been displayed in code for a long time. In very recent versions of code several of theses defaults are no longer showing up, including subnet-zero. But the behavior is still enabled. Sundar's advice about doing no ip subnet-zero is a good way to check it out.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Peterson

Thanks for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that they will read an answer that resolved the question. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card