configuring Is-Is protocol

Answered Question
Jul 26th, 2007

hi every body

I am preparing for bsci exam. I have few 2500 series routers for my home lab.I have been trying to configure IS -IS on cisco 2500 router with ios 11.2 (5)p

here is the problem

router(config) router isis

router (config)

i can not get into router configuration mode.

Does anyone have any clue why?

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
CSCO10892433 Thu, 07/26/2007 - 17:02

Hi, zeeshanr202

It simply means that the ios image running on your router doesn't support IS-IS feature. To make your router have that feature, you need to upgrade your ios to newer one with enterprise feature set.

Please use the follwoing link to find out which ios image do support IS-IS feature.

Hint: goto that link; use "Search by Feature" function; on the search box, type IS-IS; on the platform, select 2501-2524; then continue.

zeeshanr202 Fri, 07/27/2007 - 07:36

hi sir

first of all, thanks for replying. when i check the suppoerted protocols by doing following:

router(config) router ?

iso is-is

i did get the listing for Is-is along with other protocols like rip,eigrp,igrp ospf etc.

if the ios does not support is-is then command " router(config ) router ? " list is-is along with others protocol.

thanks alot. i hope someone will help me understand this issue

bwgray Fri, 07/27/2007 - 08:10

Not sure why it's like that but if your getting a "protocol not in this image" error message, it means just that.

Look up your IOS image on the cisco site if you want to be even more certain, but if you can't enable ISIS, and your getting that error, then you don't have ISIS in your image.

This Discussion