cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On 4402 trouble switching b/t SSIDs

dbrennan_1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 SSIDs on a 44002-12. I'm having a lot of problems switching b/t the SSIDs. The only way to switch from one to the other is to remove the SSID completely from my wireless profiles then and only then will it find the other SSID. Then I have the same problem switching back. Seems to be getting stuck on each SSID??

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

WHY don't you create 2 SSIDs on your controller with different profile name and then create 2 SSIDs on your wireless clients.

Whenever you want to switch to other one just use your wireless client to switch between SSIds and it will associate to the one which you wuill activate on your wireless client. You do not need to delete/remove the SSID compleetly from controller.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

No maybe I wasn't clear. There are 2 SSIDs on the controller with totally different names. I'm not deleting/adding from the controller at all. It seems the only way to switch b/t the 2 SSIDs is to delete the other SSID from the CLIENT only then will it find the other SSID.

--Dan

Hi Dan,

Which client are you using? Also which software are you using to mange your SSIDs?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi

Software on the controllers is 4.0.217.0 Most of the clients expereincing this issue are Dell 1490 Dual-Band Broadcomm

What WLC IOS version are you running? I'm using 4.1.181.0 and I can switch between SSIDs on my laptop without any problems. Do you have DHCP enabled on your WLC with different subnets? When you switch between SSIDs are you getting a different IP or is it keeping the old IP? Also check the WLan adapter and make sure it's drivers are up to date.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: