cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

duplicate source in pim join

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

i have an asa runnign 7.2(2) with pim enabled. directly connected to an upstream interface is my multicast source. Downstream, via my inside interface, i have all my clients off of two nortel 8600s running pim ssm. I manually entered all my ip pim ssm groups. No whem my client sends an igmp join for a specific group i see the 8600 send a pim join upstream to my asa; which is exactly how it should work. however, the pim join contains two duplicate sources for the same group. the traffic never starts, but if i wait 60 seconds for my client to send another igmp join the 8600 will then send a pim join, but, this time, with a single source address.

My question is this...i know this might be a nortel issue, but why would the asa care about having 2 sources for the same group when they are duplicates of the correct source address for the requested group? i am also running static group joins on the asa for all my channels. thanks!

1 Reply 1

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

I have attached debug pim from the asa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: