cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving to two fabric's

user_4444
Level 1
Level 1

We have one Fabric with one 9509 here & another at the remote site. I want to bring the remote 9509 here and then put two 9216I at the remote site and then spilt the one fabric into two.

My question is, what would I have to do to the remote 9509, when I set it up on the new fabric? We don't use Enhanced zoning if that helps? We spilt the hosts via Vsan's, so two logical fabric's.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

Besides cabling up every host's second path to the new switch and then cabling up your storage arrays, tape libraries etc. You will need to assign ports to a VSAN (or use dynamic VSAN's) and then zone hosts to storage.

:-)

Would it be worth scrubbing the config on the Remote MDS and starting again or just amending what I have?

G'day,

You wouldn't have to but it might be a good opportunity to upgrade the version of SANos on the the second 9509 and it couldn't hurt to start from scratch.

If you or any team members have not configured a switch from scratch you/they should do it :-)

Cheers

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: