cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 card issue

olakunle06
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I have a VWIC-2MFT-E1 card installed on my 2811 router. It brings out this console message constantly

Jul 27 09:18:38.615: %CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE: Controller E1 0/3/0, firmware is not running

*Jul 27 09:18:38.615: %CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE: Controller E1 0/3/1, firmware is not running

What could the problem be?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which IOS are you running ?

Best would be ugrade, shut down router, reseat card, restart with new IOS.

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Hope this helps..

1. %CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE: Controller [chars], [chars]

A software or hardware error has occurred.

Recommended Action: Consider upgrading your system to the latest Cisco IOS software release in your release train to take advantage of recent fixes. If upgrading does not solve the problem, replace the affected hardware. Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log. Issue the show tech-support command to gather data that might help identify the nature of the error. If you cannot determine the nature of the error from the error message text or from the show tech-support output, contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the representative with the gathered information.

regds

olakunle06
Level 1
Level 1

I have other 2811 routers with the same IOS with E1 cards installed too that have no problems. So I decided to swop the cards, On another router with the former card, the error message displayed, while on the old router with a new card, there was no error message. Does this mean the E1 card has issues?

I would try upgrading IOS anyway, before declaring there are issues with the card as defective.

Hi,all!

Last night,I met the same trouble on a CISCO 2811 router with 2 VWIC2-1MFT-G703 , 1 VWIC-2MFT-G703 and 1 HWIC-4ESW.

The router run a IOS of "c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-15.T10".

log server told me "%CONTROLLER-2-FIRMWARE: Controller E1 0/3/0, firmware is not running"

First, I upgrade the IOS to "c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-22.YB5",it doesn't work;

Then, I moved the module to another slot,it doesn't work;

Then, I changed the module , and placed another one on the same slot, it doesn't work;

Then, I found that the cable connected to the "trouble module" connected the other G703 modules,the modules report the same log.

So , I change the cable----------------and then , IT WORKS !

the "not running" logs  were not coming out!

But , when I finished this troubleshooting , I restored the cable , everything seemed to be normal, no logs came out!

Is there a tricker inside the router?

Everybody,Did this will happen again?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: