Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA help/advice

darriellew
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i need some advice and perhaps some help.

we have an ASA 5510 firewall installed and the light in the back next to alarm blinks green constantly when i telnet into my external internet router connected to it shows over 21000 input errors and lots of CRC errors...

Can someone tell me what this means?

Also,

Withing the course of this week our network has been experiencing intermittent internet connectivity, when we contact our ISP they came in to do some intrusive testing on the theri T1 line that they say shows no errors yet when we telnent into the router and do sho int it shows tonnes of errors on the T1 line. Could all these probs be related ie: firewall and internet connectivity??

Thanks

8 Replies 8

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Change Your cable that is connected to that port.

Check connected device

This is phical layer sysmtoms..

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

hi great thanks, but we tried this already. Initially we realised that we were using a straight through cable and errors were still building up so, we swapped that out and are using a cross over cable and boy...are those errors forever going up

Check speed/duplex settings and configure preferred settings manually.

Can you post output of show interface ?

K...here is the output...this morning we rebooted the internet router and dc so the input errors cleared up temporarily but as you can c they are building back up...i really appreciate the help!

Does a "sh int" on the ASA show full duplex on the interface? It could be a duplex mismatch if the ASA is set to auto sensing.

hey guys, since i last posted i have switched over to a new ISP...this ISP's incoming connection is terminated with a fiber connector and coming in on a fiber port of a switch...from a configured port on that switch a crossover cable is used to connect to an ethernet port on the ASA firewall, all the necessary configs were made on the firewall and when these changes were made the internet connection worked excellent for about a week and now we are experiencing the same intermittent loss in internet connectivity as with the first ISP with temporary loss for periods in time, some pages load rapidly and others dont load at all, we have changed cables, checked and crosschecked configs, checked our dns and we are no more closer to a solution than we were with the first ISP, and it appears the issue is goin downhill every day. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks

turns out it was a combo of cable, duplex settings and misconfig on the ISP's switch which they corrected...

darrielle

I am glad that you got your problem solved. Thanks for updating this thread to indicate that the problem was solved. It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can read what solved the problem. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card