ASA 8.x Dynamic CIFS bookmark

Answered Question
Jul 27th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi all,

When using WebVPN portal on ASA 8.0.2, is it possible to have dynamic bookmark ?

For example :

Users authenticated using Active Directory have an attribute called "homeDirectory", is it possible to get back this attribute on the ASA during the authentication/authorization phase and to use it to create a CIFS bookmark on the WebVPN portal ?

the purpose of this is that every user has a direct access to its home directory using this bookmark on the portal page.

Regards.

Correct Answer by Ryan_Grant about 9 years 8 months ago

You can use the marco CSCO_WEBVPN_USERNAME.

SERVERNAME/USERS/CSCO_WEBVPN_USERNAME

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/asdm60/user/guide/vpn_dap.html#wp1127905

Correct Answer by vmoopeung about 9 years 8 months ago

I think you can create a dynamic access policy by setting a collection of access control attributes that you can associate with a specific user tunnel or session. File Server Browser can enable or disables CIFS browsing for file servers or shared features.

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
vmoopeung Thu, 08/02/2007 - 10:30
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I think you can create a dynamic access policy by setting a collection of access control attributes that you can associate with a specific user tunnel or session. File Server Browser can enable or disables CIFS browsing for file servers or shared features.

ldesmasures Fri, 09/07/2007 - 05:02
User Badges:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I was on holiday.

Thanks a lot for your answer, it's exactly what I want to do !

Regards.

Ludovic

Actions

This Discussion