cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 857 VPN to an ISA Server

jerry.schramm
Level 1
Level 1

Can I create a PPTP VPN to an ISA Server from an ISP provided Cisco 857 or do I have to terminate on another Cisco first? I know I can do a IPSec using keys.

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Employing PPTP/MPPE, users can use any Internet service provider (ISP) account and any Internet-routable IP address to access the edge of the enterprise network. At the edge, the IP packet is detunneled and the IP address space of the enterprise is used for traversing the internal network.

I guess I was not clear enough with my request. I am using an ISP provided Cisco 857 DSL connection at a remote site that directly accesses the internet. I don't want users coming in that way. I want to connect that site to my ISA server via a PPTP tunnel over the internet. Users already logged in the remote site will use the tunnel to connect to headquarters via the VPN and headquarters will connect to the remote site via the VPN. Does that offer any additional information?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: