cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is ipbasek9 a feature upgrade to ipbase?

jamesross
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for an upgrade for our 3750s currently running c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE1. I keep running into ipbasek9. What's the difference between ipbase and ipbasek9? Is there a cost associated with going to K9?

8 Replies 8

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ipbasek9 will give you SSH, SCP and Kerberos support. You can download the image if you have a CCO account with a contract. Legally, you need to inform a Cisco reseller and purchase the upgrade license.

I have a CCO account. Going through the Software Advisor for an updated IPBASE IOS for SEE1 and it keeps giving me an IPBASEK9 version. Wondering if K9 is the default...

Interesting, I don't use Software Advisor for download, just for investigating features on a IOS set.

The latest IPBase for 3750 is c3750-ipbase-mz.122-37.SE1.bin

and I found it by going to

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/

Switches Software

LAN Switches

IOS Software

I went to the link and chose CAT3750/IPBASE and got c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-37.SE1.bin. I don't get it.

I don't get that screen, see attached.

The only feature upgrade I can find for the 3750-SMI is advanced IP services and Enhanced Multilayer Upgrade kit. If K9 is the sugguested upgrade then I want to make sure it's legit before I download it.

I don't understand how are you getting to that screen. Very different than mine. Perhaps it has to do with our CCOs (different rights) ?

If you see my screen, you should be able to download 3750 IPBase w/o Crypto.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: