cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WS-C2950-24 and kron.

jamesmpoplar
Level 1
Level 1

This is a question that may be rather quick to answer...but for some reason I am having a hard time finding the answer.

I currently have four 2950s in my network running c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA6, and these four switches can't do a kron backup like my 2960s can.

As I look around I can't seem to find an IOS update for the 2950s that would allow them to do Kron daily backups either...so I am doing them by hand.

Being a lazy administrator I have to ask, is there an IOS that would allow me to implement Kron on the 2950s?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no version of IOS for 2950 or XL series switches that will support kron. You need to be running 12.2(25)SEE code to get kron, and the 2950 series switches can only run up to 12.1.

Phew, I was hoping someone could verify that for me. I thought perhaps I wasn't looking close enough.

Thank you for the prompt reply. It's either update the hardware for this and other functionality, or write myself a bash script to take care of it for me.

Updating the hardware might be the better solution as there are other NMS features that will never be available on the 2950s. For example, SNMPv3 context support is not available on these switches. Future enhancements like tclsh and the Embedded Event Manager will never be ported to the 2950s either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: