Views
Helpful
Replies

Sire Survey Software Recomended?

o_unzueta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a Site Survey Software recomended by Cisco??

If not, wich one can you recomend me?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Both WLSE (autonomus AP)and WCS (light weight controller based AP's) contain site survey tools. Its a pretty good idea to do an active survey (as in using Access point in pretty much the area you want them in) during a business day so you cature all normal sources of interference (Bluetooth, unshielded power/lights, equipment etc) that your customers might encounter.

sbarasiscom
Level 1
Level 1

For me I am using AirMagnet Surveyor tool from AirMagnet compay and it's very good.

http://www.airmagnet.com/products

I second the vote for Airmagnet!

We have been using Ekahau Site Survey and it works well.

However, the current version does not support the ability to detect the AP name over the air nor does it understand the multiple virtual mac per SSID/WLAN on the same physical AP. This results in a significantly higher number of APs showing up than are really there.

I do not know if AirMagnet Survey tool has resolved problems or not. At one time earlier in the year, their survey tool did not handle this correctly either.

However, I have used the newest AirMagnet diagnostic tool which DOES pull the AP name out of the RF signals and does handle multiple MAC address issues correctly.

- John

Thanks for the nice update John! 5 points for this good info!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: