cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls into Unity 4.0

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

It used to be when you called an extension, it would ring five times and then instantly the call would connect to the unity voice mail box tied to that DN.

Now, when you call an extension it still rings five times, but then you hear a pause and then it rings another three or so times before Unity picks up. Also on the calling party's phone after the first five rings it now displays 'To 8000' which is our VM pilot port.

This is throwing off the users. Any ideas why and how to fix this from displaying the VM port and the additional rings into VM

Thanks to all in advance

-Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Few questions for you.....

What happens when you dial the VM Pilot number (8000) directly?

What version of Cisco Unity 4.0 are you running?

What type of telephone system integration are you running? i.e. Skinny, PIMG, Voiceboards w/ SMDI...

In short though I would check the event log on the Cisco Unity server as well as the Port Status Monitor, it sounds like the switch thinks a port is idle that Unity still has not released.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Few questions for you.....

What happens when you dial the VM Pilot number (8000) directly?

What version of Cisco Unity 4.0 are you running?

What type of telephone system integration are you running? i.e. Skinny, PIMG, Voiceboards w/ SMDI...

In short though I would check the event log on the Cisco Unity server as well as the Port Status Monitor, it sounds like the switch thinks a port is idle that Unity still has not released.

When I dial 8000 directly - it would do the same. On the display it would read 'To 8000' and ring about 3 times. The version of Unity is 4.0(5) and are system integration is Skinny.

It appears that there was a port that the switch though was idle. I ended up bouncing the untiy server and now all appears to be working.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: