We are running IPCCX 4.05 in High Availability (active/standby) and Call Manager 4.13 Pub/Sub. In this setup , we use LDAP for AD authentication instead of DC directory (not my choice...things you inherit in life).
Can the Call Mgr's and/or the IPCCX servers be setup to point to more than one LDAP server for redundancy?
Can CM 4.13 and/or IPCCX 4.05 support LDAPS (like I said, the things you inherit)?
Our sysadmin team took down our primary DC server, and with it all LDAP lookup functins broke. Needless to say, they will be setting up LDAP and/or LDAPS on our Primary and Backup DC's in the near future.
Any information/suggestions/recommendatinos are appreciated.
that IS possible.
If the CRS web admin interface (/appadmin) is available:
1. Log in
2. Navigate to System>LDAP information
3. Enter the FQDN's/IP addresses (I recommend the latter) for the LDAP servers, separated by commas (for instance, I have something like in our lab: 'ldapserver.domain.as,10.1.1.1' - works like charm)
4. a window will pop up asking whether the LDAP information should be created or you just want to add another LDAP server (~configuration already there). Choose wisely :-)
5. Reboot the server. No, restarting the CRS engine is not enough.
If the CRS web admin interface is not available (~ like you said Mr. Sysadmin took down the primary DC server), the there is a chance to get rid of that guy ;-) Anyway, there is still a chance you can get it working. Of course, the LDAP server should already contain the correct configuration.
1. Log into the CRS server using rdesktop/VNC
2. Look for this file: C:\Program Files\wfavvid\properties\directory.properties It is just a plain text file. Look for this CCNIniFile=c:\\winnt\\system32\\ccn\\ccndir.ini
Actually, it may be something else as well, this is the default path.
3. That file contains the information we are looking for: LDAPURL "ldap://10.1.1.1:389,ldap://10.1.1.2:389" plus other important stuff like passwords and base DN's.
Change it according to your needs. :-)
4. Reboot the server.