Views
Helpful
Replies

DND Service

amarmn1975
Level 1
Level 1

Hii expert,,

How can I use DND service in IPT, I tried to add from call manager but it does not work , my question is if there is any patch for it or there is special config...

thanks ..

AMMAR

3 Replies 3

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ammar

The Do Not Disturb (DND) feature allows you to set your phone to forward calls without ringing the phone. Enable the DND service with the DND soft key on Cisco Unified IP phones that support soft keys. When DND is enabled, inbound calls do not ring the phone, but they do provide visual alerts and call information. They can also be answered if desired

One thing to note is that DND is a part of IPMA in Cisco CallManager 4.x and 5.x. (In Cisco CallManager 6.x, the DND feature can be used without IPMA.)

for ur case there are several workarounds to use DND in CallManager 4.x and 5.x without IPMA:

1: In order to use the DND feature without the IPMA service, enable Call Forward All to your voice mail. This forwards all calls to your voice mail without the phone ringing.

2: Similar to the first workaround, create Speed Dial to Voice Mail, and label it DND on the phone. Whenever you need to switch to the DND mode, press CFwdAll and then the DND speed dial button.

3: Another simple workaround to implement DND is to use a silent ring tone for the phone.

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

/majdi

Hi Majdi,

5 points for your very thoughtful answer! Some nice creative work-arounds here :)

One other easy method is to just Press CallForwardAll Softkey followed by the Message button (very quick and user friendly)

Keep up the good work!

Rob

Thanks Rob for the nice words and nice rating

and thanks for (FwDALL-->Message Button)

really it's very quick and more user friendly

/majdi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: