Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP on 2800 and 3800 series

kayih
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know whether the cisco 2800 and 3800 are fitted by default with DSP ressources, or do we need to order systematically DSP modules.

thanks.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you order voice, ccme or srst bundles, these will come with DSP resources sized proportionally to the platform (form pvdm2'8 to pvdm2-64). If these are not enough for your needs, or you order something different from a voice bundle, you will need to order pvdm2 modules separately.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

A T1 voice bundle comes with a PVMD2-16 which is not enough for 23 channels of voice, I suggest using the DSP Calculator to determine the right number of DSPs for your application.

As I said above, iy depends on the platform.

First, there is no T1 voice bundle for the ISR, the T1 / E1 / BRI/ FXO /FXS cards must always be ordered separately.

Second, starting with the 2825 that bundles with a PVDM2-32, it is enough for T1 or E1. The smaller platform would indeed need additiona; modules for a full T1 or E1.

Hi kayih

just to add to the above posts, here is a very good resource that will cover 2800/3800 platforms capacities, PVDM2 Slots Available and Cisco IOS Versions Required for Media Support

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/srnd5_0/uc5_0/50media.htm#wp1094897

hth

/majdi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: