cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site VPN with 1841 router and PIX 515

keyyo0200
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for some information on how to configure a site-to-site vpn connection using the pix 515 and the 1841 router. I have a remote site that I would like to connect to the corporate office via DSL modem. If anyone could give some assistance this would be very helpful.

4 Replies 4

keyyo0200
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks; I need to give a little more information. The 1841 router will be located at the remote site with the DSL modem and the PIX is located at the corporate office. I am looking for some information on configuring the 1841 router for the remote site and configuring the PIX515 to accept the connection from the remote site.

Hi,

does your remote 1841 have a static IP or dymanic PPPoE type IP.

if it is static IP the document I have sent you has the detailed steps in that. You can always some back for more help.

Implementing site to site VPN when the remote site is having a dynamic IP is also possible but the security would be weaker as it would dependent only on the pre-shared key.

try to convert your remote site to a DSL with static IP.

HTH

durga prasad

Hi,

The remote site will have a static IP on the router. I haven't received the document yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: