cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Failing to Start

lincoln_brant
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running WCS version 3.0 and have been for the past few months without any issues. July 10th the java service experienced "issues" and since then we have been unable to start the WCS. The Database server starts up no problems but the Apache server does not. Below is the output from the WCS Admin console:

Starting WCS

The Nms_Server service is starting.

The Nms_Server service was started successfully.

Failed to start WCS server.

Actually looking at the Windows services the Nms_Server is running but the Nms_Apache is not. Manually starting the Apache Server still does not allow WCS to start. Has anyone seen a similar issue or know what version of Java it is best to have running on the box? Currently we have J2SE 5 update 8. Any help would be appreciated.

Lincoln

2 Replies 2

johnruffing
Level 4
Level 4

One of our customers just experienced this problem and upgraded to WCS 4.1.91. I cannot say for sure if the problem is identical, but the services startup now.

Thanks for the post. I've also upgraded to 4.1.91 and it is now operational. I have had no response to the TAC case I raised on the original issue as of yet. I'd still be interested to find the underlying cause as it did cause some problems and I don't want it to happen again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card